Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cheese

Yesterday while wandering around town doing errands I realized something. At that moment the whole town smelled like cheese. Not good cheese. Melty, mac and cheese sort of smell, but that really ripe and strong cheese that very few people eat. Like those European countries that we never invite over to dinner.

I thought it was just over by the quilt store, it was the strongest there. A block over is some sort of plant that burns trash and we thought it was that, but everywhere I went the cheese smell followed. To Target, to the Library, and even over by my dorm. I feel like my town is at least big enough that one plant wouldn't make the whole place smell like cheese. We are becoming that country that no one wants to invite to dinner because we smell like cheese. Or that creepy kid on the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment